Hi, I’m Melanie,
I hail from Malmesbury in North Wiltshire but spent 13 years living in London, working for titles including Get The Gloss, Stylist and You & Your Wedding, writing about everything from supplements to street style, weddings to weaning. Despite having the time of my life in the capital, I always missed my hometown and the pull to move back heightened in the last few years – so here I am! I’m ready to share with you all the must-visit coffee shops, hot brunch spots, serene spas and chic stately home our county has to offer. There’s so much more to Wiltshire than stone circles and if you want to find out the cool places to eat, shop and stay, you’re in the right place.
This is the Muddy Mantra, so you know what to expect from the site:
- I try everything out myself so that you can fully trust my opinions. On the occasions that I haven’t been somewhere myself (for example, an event that hasn’t happened yet – um, I’m not a miracle worker) I let you know about it. Occasionally guest editors will review and these will be clearly marked as such
- Muddy Stilettos is a commercial site and accepts advertising and payment to feature products and brands. However, we believe passionately in only working with brands that share our ethos and are relevant to our readers. We retain editorial control and independence at all times.
- I will never accept payment to write about something I don’t believe in.
- I accept tickets to free shows, festivals, restaurants, events etc with the purpose of reviewing or publicising them on Muddy Stilettos, as I’m sure you appreciate it’s pretty expensive zipping around trying stuff out all the time. Hotels, restaurants, cafes, bars – if you want me to try you out, please get in touch at email@example.com or via twitter @muddywiltshire.
- I’ll never write a nasty review. I’m not into trashing people, brands or companies. BUT if you’re not good enough, I will not write about you in Muddy Stilettos, regardless of whether I have paid for the experience or not. This gives me the editorial control I need and the trust that my readers demand.
I hope you love the site. Please tell your friends about it, and sign up for my splendiferous newsletter delivered to your inbox to be the first to know about all the cool stuff happening in your area!